CHURCH OF CHRIST AT EAST UNITY
About three miles east of Cloverdale is located a Church of Christ called East Unity. Old East Unity, a short distance north of the present church, was established in 1867 and was dedicated the first Sunday in September of that year. East Unity Church, as it is now built, was erected in 1893. There is a membership of about seventy. Some of the early members were Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Rule, Mr and Mrs Samuel Rule, Mr and Mrs James Bell, Mr and Mrs William Eckles, Mr and Mrs Aaron Hood, Mr and Mrs John Hood, Mr and Mrs William Broadstreet, Mr and Mrs John Branneman, Mr and Mrs Henry Shoemaker, Mr and Mrs Syvester Mann, Mr and Mrs Abraham Hood and others.
The present (1939) directors are Oren Branneman and H. G. Broadstreet.