Genealogy Humor AKA- It's 2000... Do you know where your-Gr-Gr-Grandparents are?!
Submitted by Dick Carter
1. My family coat of arms ties at the back....is that normal?
2. My family tree is a few branches short! All help appreciated.
3. My ancestors must be in a witness protection program!!!
4. Shake your family tree and watch the nuts fall!
5. My hobby is genealogy, I raise dust bunnies as pets.
6. How can one ancestor cause so much TROUBLE??
7. I looked into my family tree and found out I was a sap.
8. I'm not stuck, I'm ancestrally challenged
9. I'm searching for myself; Have you seen me?
10. If only people came with pull-down menus and on-line help...
11. Isn't genealogy fun? The answer to one problem leads to two more
12. It's 2000... Do you know where your-Gr-Gr-Grandparents are?
13. A family reunion is an effective form of birth control
14. A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots
15. A new cousin a day keeps the boredom away!!
16. After 30 days, unclaimed ancestors will be adopted!
17. Am I the only person up my tree... sure seems like it!
18. Any family tree produces some lemons, some nuts and a few bad apples.
19. Ever find an ancestor HANGING from the family tree?
20. FLOOR: The place for storing your priceless genealogy records.
21. Gene-Allergy: It's a contagious disease, but I love it.
22. Genealogists are time unravelers
23. Genealogy is like playing hide and seek: They hide... I seek!
24. Genealogy: Tracing yourself back to better people.
25. "Crazy" is a relative term in my family.
26. A pack rat is hard to live with, but makes a fine ancestor
27. I want to find ALL of them!\~ So far I only have a few thousand
28. I Should have asked them BEFORE they died!
29. I think my ancestors had several "Bad heir" days.
30. I'm always late. My ancestors arrived on the JUNEflower.
31. Only a Genealogist regards a step backwards as progress.
32. Share your knowledge; it is a way to achieve immortality.
33. Heredity: Everyone believes in it until their children act like fools!
34. It's an unusual family that hath neither a lady of the evening or\par a\~thief
35. Many a family tree needs pruning.
36. Shh! Be very, very quiet.... I'm hunting forebears.
37. Snobs talk as if they had begotten their own ancestors!
38. That's strange: half my ancestors are WOMEN!
39. I'm not sick, I've just got fading genes.
40. Genealogists live in the past lane.
41. Cousins marrying cousins: Very tangled roots!
42. Cousins marrying cousins: A non-branching family tree.
43. All right!\~ Everybody out of the gene pool!
44. Always willing to share my ignorance...
45. Documentation... The hardest part of genealogy.
46. Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
47. Genealogy... will I ever find time to mow the lawn again?!!
48. That's the problem with the gene pool: NO Lifeguards.
49. I researched my family tree... and apparently I don't exist!
50. SO MANY ANCESTORS..................SO LITTLE TIME!
All i can say to that is ... AMEN!!!