TWELVE RULES FOR ANCESTORS
Submitted by HKGrandma@aol.com
THE TWELVE RULES for ANCESTORS:
1). Thou shalt name your male children:
James, John, Joseph, Josiah, Abel, Richard, Thomas, William
(2) Thou shalt name your female children:
Elizabeth, Mary, Martha, Maria, Sarah, Ida, Virginia, May
(3) Thou shalt leave NO trace of your female children.
(4) Thou shalt, after naming your children from the above lists,
call them by strange nicknames such as: Ike, Eli, Polly, Dolly,Sukey.
---making them difficult to trace.
(5) Thou shalt NOT use any middle names on any legal documents
or census reports, and only where necessary, you may use only initials
on legal documents.
(6) Thou shalt learn to sign all documents illegibly so that your
surname can be spelled, or misspelled, in various ways: Hicks, Hicks,
Hixe, Hucks, Kicks or Robinson, Robertson, Robison, Roberson, Robuson,
(7) Thou shalt, after no more then 3 generations, make sure that all
records are lost, misplaced, burned in a court house fire, or buried so
that NO future trace of them can be found.
(8) Thou shalt propagate misleading legends, rumors, & vague innuendos
regarding your place of origination
(A) you may have come from : England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales....or
(B) you may have American Indian ancestry of the______tribe......
(C) You may have descended from one of three brothers that came over
(9) Thou shalt leave NO cemetery records, or headstones with legible
(10) Thou shalt leave NO family Bible with records of birth, marriages,
(11) Thou shalt ALWAYS flip thy name around. If born James Albert,
must make all the rest of thy records in the names of Albert, AJ, JA,
AL, Bert, Bart, or Alfred.
(12) Thou must also flip thy parent's names when making reference to
although "Unknown" or a blank line is an acceptable alternative.
Thou shalt name at least 5 generations of males, and dozens of their
cousins with identical names in order to totally confuse researchers.